Five days on an incredible Retreat in Spain surprised me recently.
Having signed up, slightly guiltily, my initial thoughts were a) this is a massive indulgence but b) given my business, it’d be good to experience retreats from a guest’s perspective.
So, as we touched down in Murcia, my focus was wholly on R&D (research and development). How naïve !
Like most people, I allocate every minute of every day. Time’s something that must be ‘spent’, lest it be wasted. So, when told on the first day that we had most of the afternoon to ‘kill’, my first thought was ‘how??!’
Over the next five days, thanks to daily yoga, meditation and two incredibly inspiring teachers (Sharon and Karen – who dreamt up and designed the retreat), I finally learnt to slow down. And understood the value of not racing through life. No wonder mindfulness has really taken off.
Having always worked (happily) in a Corporate environment, running at such a fast pace and throwing myself headfirst into everything, I didn’t know how to shift gears. Being encouraged – and taught – to slow down, observe, reflect – and just be – was an absolute joy.
Back home and fully recharged, June’s MOA (Magical Organic Apothecary) retreat was a dream last week; here’s how some of our lovely guests described it:
– Amazing ! A real retreat without any pressure
– A perfect mix of me time, lovely company and all round nurturing !
– A really lovely min-break. Although I hadn’t previously met the other guests, I honestly felt like I was on a girls’ weekend with friends. Totally relaxing from start to finish – thank you !
– A lovely weekend – would lovely to be back
– (It was) …home from home, very relaxing, beautiful setting and wonderful people